Do you get puzzled by the order of the Wallander series by Henning Mankell? It’s because of the translations, some are printed earlier than others.
- 1. Faceless Killers: A Mystery (1991)
- 2. The Dogs of Riga (1992)
- 3. The White Lioness (1993)
- 4. The Man Who Smiled (1994)
- 5. Sidetracked (1995)
- 6. The Fifth Woman (1996)
- 7. One Step Behind (1997)
- 8. Firewall (1998)
- 9. Before The Frost introducing Linda Wallander (2002)
- 10. The Troubled Man, the last case of Wallander (2009)
The Dogs of Riga and The White Lioness were not my favourite Wallander books but excellent just the same.
The last book, The Troubled Man, just about broke my heart. The book was superb but the ending, oh the ending, brought the story of Kurt Wallander to to a terrible finish.